photo AshleyClark_Looks.png photo AshleyClark_Lifestyle.png

Friday, October 13, 2017

Packing tips and tricks for a week long trip // MarleyIlly Luggage

Hi Dolls,

I am SUPER excited to finally share this travel post with all of you. I've been working on this for awhile now and I really hope you enjoy it. I will be sharing how I will be packing for my week long trip to Miami that includes tricks to save your make up from breaking, your jewelry from getting all tangled, and so much more!
How to pack for a week long trip plus tips and tricks

Marleylilly travel luggage with monogram
Suitcase || HERE // Tote Bag || HERE //  Train Case || HERE || Cosmetic Case || HERE

I have been patiently waiting to use all my new goodies from Marleylilly . I am SO OBSESSED with the print and monogrammed! I have to say this suitcase is the PREFECT piece of luggage for long periods of travel. It rolls really nicely and has a bunch of nice little features. They also have a carry on size, but the way I pack that would never been a good fit for me! HA!
sharing my MarleyLilly luggage and how I pack for a week long trip
Sharing my tips and tricks on how to pack for a vacation
Packing can either be a total headache or a breeze for some people, but lets me honest it's usually a complete headache right?! I think it all depends on your destination. If you are looking forward to a trip, packing can just be a total breeze because you probably have been collecting new items for your trip...that's totally me right now! My Husband and I have never been to Miami and we can't wait to get there and explore Miami Beach! Snapping a pic of your outfit can save time after packing
flat lay your outfits before packing to help save time when you arrive
We will be with his company for most of this trip, so our days will be jammed packed. So to save time when we get there, I have laid out each outfit with all of its accessories, then snapped a photo of it! So when I go to get ready, I don't have to think of how I styled each outfit! This is so helpful if you like to wear a lot of accessories with outfits, which I totally do on trips. When we take family trips, I only bring the basics usually because of all the kids stuff I have to bring and I'm lucky if I remembered everything I needed to bring. 

Now how are we going to help those accessories from getting all tangled up?! With this amazing trick I found on Pinterest, totally not going to take the credit for this one...I wish I could because it's that good! I got a roll of "Press-N-Seal" from Glad and wrapped up all my favorite pieces then placed them in my Stella and Dot jewelry carrying case
Stella and Dot Jewelry Case with Stella and Dot jewelry
Glad Press and Seal to help protect your jewelry
Glad Press and Seal to help protect your jewelry
Glad Press and Seal to help protect your jewelry with Stella and Dot jewelry case
Stella and Dot Case || HERE  || Stella and Dot Jewelry pictured above || HERE and HERE || 
 Their is still so much room to hold all my other items for my trip as well. I love how I can pack my jewelry with ease and be able to enjoy them when I get to my destination!

I have to say this next little trick is pretty darn awesome. It helps save your make up from being cracked during travel. Before this trick, I would always wrap my make up bag around a sweater or in-between my jeans, where if my bag was thrown pretty good it would help cushion the blow.
How to pack your make up without it breaking during your trip
Tips and Tricks on how to pack your make up without breakage
 Eyeshadow Platte // HERE ||  Contour/EyeShadow Platte // HERE ||
 Foundation // HERE  || Blush // HERE

Placing cotton balls and cotton pads on each item, it helps protect them from breaking after you pack them up! How awesome is that?! I absolutely love this little trick because now I can pack my favorite make up items with ease! 
placing cotton balls and cotton pads inside your make up platte helps from breakage
placing cotton balls and cotton pads inside your make up platte helps from breakage
placing cotton balls and cotton pads inside your make up platte helps from breakage placing cotton balls and cotton pads inside your make up platte helps from breakage

I have a small collection of duster bags that I have collected over the years. I just love to use these when I travel. You can use them to:

  • Place shoes inside
  • Purses
  • Intimates 
  • Swimsuits
  • Store dirty laundry in during the trip  

Store shoes inside a duster bag to keep clean and save space
Duster bag tips for packing. Helps save space while packing
I love to hats as you know and packing hats on trips can sometimes be tricky. This little trick has changed my packing game. Simply stack the hats inside one another and then place the hats in the middle of the suitcase and start packing around the hats.  I also have packed my suitcase and left a hole in the middle of the suitcase. Then I flipped the hats upside down where the head part of the hat goes down into the suitcase. You could place smaller items inside the hat, like swimsuits or your intimates.
how to pack your hats for a triphow to pack your hats for a triptrips to pack your hats for a trip packing tips to pack your hats inside your suitcase
I really hope my little tips and tricks can help you on your next packing adventure! I really love these simple tricks when I pack and if you ladies have any other tips and tricks that you use please share! I love hearing from you ladies!
Sharing my MarleyLilly luggage and how I packed for a week long trip
Sharing my tips and tricks on ashleyclarkblog.com on how to pack for a vacation
MarleyIlly travel luggage
Miami bound travel outfit. My travel outfit on ashleyclarkblog
Thank you to MarleyLilly for spending me this adorable set to use on my trip next week! Make sure you ladies check them out, they have so many cute things!!

Shop The Look




6 comments:

  1. That luggage is darling!! Our luggage is quite literally falling apart! We need to invest in some new luggage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So far I am really impressed with this luggage set and can't wait to see how it travels!

      xoxo
      Ashley

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness that set is gorgeous!!! And I love all ge little tricks!! Definitely gonna need to remember those! You look stunning as always my love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Toni! Thank you so much babe!!

      xoxo
      Ashley

      Delete
  3. One of the best articles that I have ever read for the last few years. Excellent moving tips, I completely agree with everything that u wrote, cause as my friends always said "You are the best moving expert in the city, John". Maybe thats cause I always suggest everyone to try this service https://www.moveprola.com/movers-pasadena/ that will be very helpful for all people who wanna change their place of living.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relocation is a very hard question. A lot of people facing it have a lot of problems. I know some people who were depressed while this process. That's when I found a great solution by using online moving cost calculator to find the best suitable transportation service for you.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative