photo AshleyClark_Looks.png photo AshleyClark_Lifestyle.png

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Prepping to become a big sister with Ju Ju Be


Shop Pink Blush white maternity dress with Ju Ju be mommy and me style

We are about two and half months out before our little sister arrives and we are so excited! With this being our third little one, big brother is pretty much ready for another sibling to join the family. But little Ms. Averie is learning what her new role will be once baby A makes her debut. She couldn't be more excited to be a big sister and the fact that we are welcoming another little girl come August, it makes the new adjustment that much easier for her. She wanted this baby to be a girl so badly and I believe God's plan couldn't have been sweeter for this family. I truly thought we were having a boy and was so excited about the thought of having another little boy but of course I'm over the moon to have another little girl. 

With Averie being 5 years older than baby A, she is the perfect helper age! I couldn't wait to surprise her with a matching backpack. We are all about matching these days and I knew she was going to freak when she got the same bag as her sister's diaper bag! If you ladies haven't seen these mini Ju Ju Bags they are truly amazing!! They hold so much and are light weight for them to carry.

My Mom is going to make her a "Big Sister Kit" gift and give it to her at my baby shower next month! She will have a few diapers, small bag of wipes, and some other little goodies to have in her bag. I am all about making sure she feels included and needed once sister arrives. Averie has already declared that stroller pusher will be her job and I don't blame her one bit! 

Some other things that I have been doing to prep not only Averie but Charles as well is:

1. Making them involved with prepping for the baby. We recently painted and assembled the nursery furniture, so we made sure to involve the kids with those tasks. 

2. Averie hung up all the baby clothes in the closet.

3. Reading books about becoming and being a big sister.

4. When moments arise during our day to day, I take advantage of them and explain to the kids...."when your little sister is her ________". These moments can be from, them being super loud in the car, being to loud while playing inside, making sure we talk nicely to one another so little sister will do the same to them, making sure we listen to Mom and Dad because when Sister is here we need "first time listeners" so we can get to places on time. 

5. Asking them how they will be my helpers when the baby arrives. What kind of jobs they would like to have?

6. When shopping for the baby, Averie will get to pick out things for her little sister. 

7. I will brag about certain things I love about my kids and say that I hope your little sister has your same ________.

8. I will talk about the future and how much fun they will have doing _______ with their little sister.

9. Since we have been working on learning to read in our house this past year. I talk to my kids about how excited their little sister will be to hear them read to her. 

10. I always reassure them how much Mom and Dad love each of them and that will never go away no matter how many siblings we have in our home.  
old navy purple dress sparkle head band with ju ju be mini backpack
Outfit Details: Dress Old Navy: Similar Options HERE HERE  //                                      Shelby Chic Boutique  Head band //Ju Ju Be Backpack // Shoes Tucker + Tate HERE

Ju Ju Be B.F.F. Rose Gold Collection with shop blush pink white maternity dressJu Ju Be diaper bag Rose Gold Collection
Ju Ju Be Rose Gold Collection Diaper Bag

When I saw this gorgeous print from their Rose Gold Collection, I had to scoop it up!! It was exactly what I was looking for in a diaper bag. When my older kids were babies, I had a more traditional diaper bag. I am excited to use a backpack style this time around to work with our busy lifestyle. The backpack style diaper bags are so trendy now, I feel like every Mom is carrying one these days.

The one thing I love most about Ju Ju Be's bags is that they are washable!! I'm such a germ freak and I love knowing that I can throw my diaper bag in the washer machine to give it a fresh rinse every once in a while. Also love how comfortable the bag is to wear! Don't even get me started on all the pockets/storage it offers for all your goodies. If you haven't been to Ju Ju Be's website in awhile, make sure to check it out. They have so many style and prints this season.
mini Ju Ju Be back pack mommy and me
Ju Ju Be Backpack Diaper Bag

It's still hard for me to believe that my baby will now be my middle child and we will have another girl joining our family. I never would have thought we will ever been expanding our family but God had other plans for us and I'm not mad about it at all!

Shop The Look






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative