photo AshleyClark_Looks.png photo AshleyClark_Lifestyle.png

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Our Palm Springs Getaway Recap


Welcome to another Ashley Travels blog post! My last travel post was when my Husband and I went to the Super Bowl in Houston, TX. Just a heads up that I didn't go into this trip with intentions to create a blog post for you ladies. I am doing this because I got SO MANY questions from my Insta Stories while we were there. I am sharing the few snaps I did take while I was there.


This was my first time ever visiting Palm Springs and we literally stayed at our hotel the entire time because that's why we went there. I think the next time I go I will venture out more and explore this beautiful place. I cannot say enough great things about the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Hotel. It is one of the most family friendly hotels I have been to in awhile, minus our trip to Disneyland of course. The hotel staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. From the moment we stepped out of our car to the time they helped me load my car to leave, I was beyond impressed.


 The lobby was under remodel when we were there so it wasn't anything to snap a picture of. Ha! The inside of the hotel is just beautiful. My son was obsessed with the boats and my daughter was soaked they had a Starbucks inside...I've trained her well. ;) The hotel offers boat rides around the property for free with your hotel stay. We rode them a handful of times and it was so fun! You can take the boats to the different restaurants they have on the grounds as well. They also have flamingos in front of the hotel when you drive up!



One of the restaurants on the grounds was a major hit with the kids because they could feed the fish and ducks right there on the patio while we ate. Which was amazing because my Mom and I could enjoy our cocktails, chips, and guacamole in peace. The sunsets were just incredible from every part of the hotel. 


My kids are FISH whenever there is a pool near by. This pool was just prefect because it was about 2 feet deep for a GOOD part of it. Which is freaken amazing for those kids learning to swim and for the parents so we can literally relax and enjoy our cocktails! Also you can bring your own blow up toys. I wished I would have gotten this memo before we came because it would have been a lot nicer for my kids. The poolside service was just awesome and the food was so delicious. We literally stayed at the pool the entire day and it was just fabulous. They play family friendly music as well, which was just the cherry on top of our pool day. 

There are three pools on the grounds and also an 18+ up pool where you can rent a cabana. They have so much seating around the pool areas as well. So nice because you don't feel like you are on top of each other. Plus tons of shade for yourself and the kiddos. 


You don't have a successful getaway without a little room service, am I right?! We celebrated my son's very belated birthday with some goodies. Of course he took two bites and was done. HA! So us girls happily finished off his cake for him. Waking up to this view and enjoying coffee on the patio was so refreshing. My Husband always gives me crap about living in the hotel ropes on our trips. Clearly he didn't get the memo about that's what girls do on getaways! It's apart of the experience.


If you are planning a Palm Springs get away, I highly recommend checking this hotel out. I cannot wait to get back there and relax with my family again. My Husband is itching to play the course when he goes and so is my son. HEHE I just love that my son is into golfing at such a young age, it's so cute! My daughter and I want to hit the spa next time for some mani/pedis. Also they have a shopping area in the hotel as well. We didn't get to that part because we were to busy taking boat rides, feeding the ducks, and soaking up the sun.

I hope you ladies enjoyed our little Palm Springs recap. I have another trip coming up in October and I will be doing a full recap on that as well for you ladies. I am so excited to visit Florida because I've never been!


1 comment:

  1. Loved your photos but upon trying to research the hotel I found it is called Desert Springs

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative